Monday, July 25, 2011

Flashback: What did I make that one time that was really good? Oh yeah: Breakfast Fruit Shortcakes!

I was going through the Iphone this morning and found a photo of this bit of awesomeness - and thought I would share.    






So, this really isn't so much an awesome recipe just something that sounded really good.  I looked in the fridge at one point and I realized I had 4 lbs of strawberries, some blueberries and a few peaches that needed to be eaten ASAP!

I used a basic Classic Strawberry Shortcakes like this one: http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/classic-strawberry-shortcakes/370099a9-c927-4eae-93ba-ab66a455b996.  I used Splenda & added some vanilla and voila -- breakfast.  These bad boys only take 10 minutes or so and are fantastic if you are having some friends over for breakfast or you can make mini-ones for tea (because everyone is looking for a good recipe for an old fashioned English tea, right?)

No comments:

Post a Comment