Wednesday, August 12, 2015




This week has been a bit chaotic ... A last minute trip home and I'm staying by myself at my parents house while they frolic in Hawaii.  In my boredom a few days ago, I organized my parent's pantry - sorry folks but I'll draw you a map if you need.  While I was on my pantry tour, I found a lot of random food items but no Oreos.  Ok. There we have it - I organized the pantry in hopes to find a stash of sweets.  Nope, sorry Charlie, nada, zip, nothing. 

Sitting here this afternoon I started craving something sweet again - you'd think I would have picked up something when I went out yesterday but no.  So here I am with no motivation to get up, drive to the store (it's been 105 here in Tucson) and buy those Oreos but alas, I remember I saw some fun things in the pantry so ... In pure desperation and to avoid death of starvation I cookies with what ever I could find ... Literally.

What I ended up with was a salty, sweet, chocolatly cookie ... The only thing I might add would be dried cherries ... Just to add some tartness.

Ingredients:

Goodness Mixture:
3 cups cereal - I used Honey Bunches of Oats
1/2 C Chopped Pecans
1/2 C Mini Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
1/4 Mini Marshmallows 
1/2 C Shreadded Coconut

2/3 C Brown Sugar
1 1/4 C Granulated Sugar
1 C Salted Butter
1 tea Vanilla
1 Egg
1 1/2 C All Purpose Flour
1/2 tea Baking Powder
1/2 tea Baking Soda
1 tea Kosher Salt

Mix pecans, chocolate chips, mini marshmallows, cereal and coconut.

In the stand mixer cream room temperature butter and sugars.  Add vanilla & egg.  Add baking powder, baking soda and salt.   Incorporate flour.   Once all is well mixed start adding the goodness mixture - low speed.  Once all ingredients are mixed put dough in the freezer to chill.  

After chilling, scoop onto tray lined with parchment paper.  I used a medium sized scoop and the recipe made 3 dozen.

Bake at 350 for 16 minutes - let rest on tray for 10 mins ten transfer to cooling rack.

Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment