Monday, June 29, 2015

Happy Birthday to our favorite Minion, Silas!


Today is a fun day around these parts.  One of our favorite minions turns 2.   This little guy is so much fun and I hope he knows how much his Aunties love him.  Our friend, the Minion Mama, asked us to make a cake for Silas.  So it was done.

For the most part this cake is simple and straightforward - a 2 layer blue velvet banana cake.  Easy Peasy.  Color that bad boy yellow, pipe a white circle, add some black hair and smile and some chocolate licorice for the mask.  Done.

However, one thing I want to address as a public service is silver icing!  Have you ever tried to find silver tint or silver coloring.  I found every color under the sun including gold, no silver.  Dang it.  Let me share what I discovered - use a tiny bit of black.  That's it.  Done - you now have silver.  How did I not figure that out sooner.  


No comments:

Post a Comment