Sunday, February 5, 2012

Double Mint Cake Balls

Earlier this week I got a text from a friend who was having a pretty crummy week.  We went to Disneyland last weekend and she kept talking about Cake Pops.  Being an English Major in college I'm not great at math but I think the following formula is correct:

Friend having Crummy week + Friend talking about Cake Pops - Not having any Pop Sticks =
Cake Balls

So I had a few items around the house and I thought I'd take a try at making a new treat.  I got the basic idea from my friend and "winged it".

What did I do?  Gathered some ingredients I had around the house.




Cake:  Made a Devil's Food cake (per instructions on the box), then crumbled it into a bowl.   Mix 1/2 container of frosting with 1 tsp pure peppermint oil.  Combine with cake crumbles ... mold into balls.  Set in fridge.

Coating:  I made 2 sets of coatings.  I had a bag of Mint Chips - only problem 1/2 is green ... 1/2 is chocolate brown.  Yes, I separated an entire bag of chips - in the green coating batch - green mint chips & white chocolate chips.  The chocolate brown chips were the brown chips and some 1/2 & 1/2 to make it more melty.

Here's the final product:  Double Mint Cake Balls.  And they are quite tasty.


No comments:

Post a Comment