Thursday, June 11, 2015

Embroidered Wood Baby Sign

A few months ago I made a little sign for my cousin and his girlfriend who were expecting a little girl.  I was so excited to be able to contribute to their little girl's room.  This was the easiest project and no one else at the shower had anything like it.


  1. I went to Lowe's and select a piece of wood - any size that works for your pattern.   For me - I got a single piece and asked them to cut the piece to 3.   If preferred, craft and hobby stores also have pre-cut and sanded pieces.
  2. I printed out the name "Ella Rose" in the font and size I liked.  In this case, it was League Script in 250pt.  Once printed, center and tape to board.   
  3. Use an awl to score the board - I placed dots evenly throughout the name.
  4. I used a Dremel to drill wholes through the board.
  5. Stain the board to the color desired.  Let dry.
  6. Embroider the board using 6 strains of embroidery floss.
  7. Drill holes to hang sign... Add ribbon.  



And, it's done!  And it was right in time for the little lady's arrival!



No comments:

Post a Comment