Friday, January 6, 2012

I do ... I will make your wedding cupcakes.

I'm excited to say my brother and my sister-in-law to be asked me to make the cupcakes for their wedding.  Truth be told ... I'm freekin' stoked and freaked out at the same time.  The wedding is on March 24th and I'm going to be practicing my skills from now until then ... I made my first batch of "FFC's" ... Fancy Freeking Cupcakes last night.   I am going to try out a new recipe every week until then.  With the promise I will not eat each one from each batch.  Yesterday, I was trolling around my cabinets and found a box of yellow cake mix ... some peanut butter and some vanilla icing ... and to say the least ... we have a successful start to 2012!



This week's creation:  Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cupcake with Vanilla Peanut Butter icing.




For the Cake:
  • 1 Yellow Cake Mix with pudding - Follow directions and ingredients on box
  • 1/2 c peanut butter
  • 2/3 cup peanuts
  • 2/3 cup chocolate chips
Make the cake as instructions on the box then add the peanut butter.  Once all is incorporated add the peanuts ... then chocolate chips.   Bake per boxed instructions.

For the Icing:
  • 1 container Whipped Vanilla Frosting
  • 1/4 cup smooth, creamy peanut butter
  • 1/4 c powdered sugar
  • A few drops of half and half.
I started by whipping up some peanut butter with 1/2 container of icing.  Once well mixed, add the 1/2 half.  Next add the sugar and half & half to the desired consistency.   Makes 24 cupcakes.


No comments:

Post a Comment