Sunday, June 14, 2015

University of Arizona String Art

Last weekend, I went to an alumni fundraiser for the University of Arizona.  It was a fun event and reminded me why I should be proud to be part of such a great community.  I realized a few weeks ago that I have pretty much every piece of UofA gear imaginable ... Tees, License Plate frame, Mugs, and, the list goes on. 

I decided to try a craft I have seen over and over - string art.  It was really quick, easy and looked great!  The cool thing about this craft is you can literally do any design, any size, any color ... It's all up to you! 


Supplies Needed:

  • Various sizes of wood, any size your pattern fits on
  • Pattern - I found an outline of the state of Arizona
  • Paint, I used white and red for the center
  • Nails
  • Hammer & awl
  • String

Directions:

  • Sand and paint wood to desired color
  • Once dry, center & tape the pattern to the wood.  
  • Use awl to mark where nails will go.  
  • Hammer nails into holes created by awl - hammer nail about 1/3 - 1/2 way 
  • Tie string around 1 nail ... And weave around nails to create design
  • Once finished tie to last nail.

If you prefer to purchase a piece, please feel free to email directly and I can provide pricing for you.


No comments:

Post a Comment